Sharing a recent lecture I gave to our fellows on POCUS estimation of cardiac output, as well as situations where this might be beneficial, such as:
- Diagnosing the cause of shock
- Monitor the effect of therapies such as vasopressors and inotropes
- Assessing cardiac output adequacy and fluid responsiveness
- There are no shortage of videos out there on cardiac output estimation using POCUS – I think the context of use is always more important than the process.
- For an excellent example of a video that already exists, see this by Katie Wiskar. As a matter of fact, just watch all her YouTube videos on POCUS, they are outstanding!